CAKE, BAKE & SWEETS SHOW

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Pweh. March has been a busy month. I felt like this weekend was non-stop, but it was a lot of fun so I'm not complaining. 

The weekend kicked off at The Cake, Bake and Sweets Show in Homebush. I'd been looking forward to this for ages, so I was up bright and early to get ready. I had planned on going alone, but I managed to talk Benny P into coming with me - something he instantly regretted once he saw how few other males were in the line to get in. 

We arrived early to beat the crowds - this was our first mistake! Next time I go to a show, I'll definitely be going a bit later. Everyone had the same idea, so the lines were massive. 

Once inside, it was all worth it! We were handed a goodie bag from Bonne Maman upon walking in, and then I spotted a gorgeous cake buffet, totally decked out with a strawberry shortcake theme. It was stunning!


I'd definitely like to give this a try myself! I'm not sure who this set up was by, so if anyone reading this is aware, please do let me know in the comments below. Or send me an email!

Next I came across a candy bar with a completely different theme, but just as good looking. I loved the labels on everything - I'm a self confessed fussy eater so my pet hate at parties is not knowing whats in the food being handed out. This candy bar was by El Evento, you can find out more about them here 


After looking at the first few tents, Mr B left me to my own devices while he went to watch a cooking show (I'm hoping he's going to surprise me and cook me whatever it was he learnt that hour one night this week!). 

There were a number of stalls selling decorating products, some cheaper than others. I did buy a few things, including a couple versions of 'The Mat'. If you haven't heard, these are a new kind of mat that you can roll fondant onto, without needing any cornflour. I can't wait to try it out and see if my fondant rolls off as easily as it did in the demonstrations. Things always look easier than they are! I bought a cake leveller too so I can have a second attempt at making an ombre cake.

Once all the shopping was done, I came across this set up, created by Cakes by Joanna. I love the blue with accents of pink, and the set up in general. 


These amazing cakes were some of the finalists in the competitions running over the weekend. There was an open category and a wedding category. It's amazing what some people can come up with!


These three cakes below were all by Shannon Wee. I'm a sucker for anything sweet or pretty, so these were definitely up the top of my favourites list. Click here to have a look at more gorgeous designs on her website. 

Hopefully I'll get some time this weekend to try out some of the new products I bought!

Love from,

Emma Lou x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design