TRAVEL TRAIL: OXFORD

Sunday 9 March 2014




Last November, after many months of planning, I travelled around the UK for a month, and lately I've been coming down with a severe case of the travel bug again! Since I don't have any holidays planned at the moment, I thought I'd share some of my amazing experiences from when I was away. 

My first stop on the tour was Oxford in England. This was really exciting for me. Ever since going to Cambridge, England when I was in high school, I always dreamt of doing a study exchange and living in Oxford. Not surprisingly that didn't happen, so this was my chance to explore this fantastic little town!

Because we were on a tour I didn't get to spend half as much time there as I would have liked. But I did get to see enough to know that I want to go back! It's a quaint little town with a very friendly, laid back atmosphere. And I had my first taste of an English breakfast at a lovely little pub. The waiter was great, and he got my table and I laughing on a number of occasions. 

I absolutely loved the feel of the city. I was there a weekday (and it was freezing!), so most people were on their way to work or study. And yet it didn't feel chaotic. I loved checking out the amazing architecture - it's so different to anything we have in Australia! 

 I saw Christ Church College which was amazing, and although I couldn't go in - it's only open to the public at particular times - I got a great look of the outside! Any Harry Potter fans will recognise it as the place where the Great Hall scenes in the movies were filmed. 

Here are some of my favourite pictures from the trip. All photos were taken by me. 









Love from,

Emma Lou x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design