BOOK OF THE MOMENT

Monday 24 February 2014

If you enjoy reading a good romcom, you are going to love About a Girl by Lindsey Kelk. As an avid reader, I have gone through a lot of romcoms in my day. And to be totally honest, I am having trouble remembering one I haven’t liked – apart from maybe the latest Bridget Jones's Diary, it just isn't the same without Mr Darcy. But I absolutely loved About a Girl, to the point where my partner would stop and ask me what on Earth I was laughing about.





About a Girl is about a girl – ha! – who loses her job and the boy she thinks she loves all in the first few pages of the book. So, she pretends to be someone else, hops on a plane and lives the dream in Hawaii working as a photographer. My kind of heaven! On the way she makes a new bff, and hooks up with a guy I imagine to be most stunningly handsome. We know from the get-go that things don’t go well, but unlike most romcoms, it definitely doesn’t end how you’d expect.


Lindsey Kelk really has a way with words. Her descriptions are fantastic, she is superbly witty, and although it may not be the most realistic plot ever, she really makes you dive in head first and believe everything is actually happening. And that’s what good writing is all about!


I would definitely give this book 5 stars, and recommend it to anyone looking for something new to read. She is also currently writing the sequel to About a Girl, which is due out mid-year, and I positively cannot wait. I’ve just started her I Heart series, and am only half way through the first book – I Heart New York – but so far that is getting two big thumbs up as well.


If you read About a Girl, or have already read it, tell me what you thought of it in the comments below! 

You can buy yourself a copy here



Love from,

Emma Lou x   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design