STORAGE STUFF

Wednesday 12 February 2014



I’m going to be moving in a few weeks, and I’ll be going from a whole house to a just a room. (Argh! If only I could write a letter and warn my two-years-ago self of the problems I’d be having now!) Anyone who knows me knows just how much stuff I have, so I’ve spent the last few weeks, nay months, trying to find the perfect pieces for my room. Although it will be a decent sized room, I won’t have a huge amount of space so I'm trying to find a balance between pieces that pull their weight, and pieces that look great. So, these are the pieces that have made the cut so far. You may notice there are a lot of neutrals - I’m a big fan of keeping the basics plain and bringing colour in with accessories.




1. As much as I hate washing, every room needs a laundry hamper! This one is from Freedom, and is my top choice so far. 
2. I'm a big fan of this lamp from IKEA. It's simple and neat, as well as a little industrial. 
3. I'll be putting some floating shelves above my desk and wherever else I can fit them. This one is from Zanui. 
4. I recently discovered a furniture shop called 1825 interiors, and fell in love! This bookcase is a definite must have. 
5. Finding the perfect desk chair has been the hardest part so far. I want something that's going to be comfy and practical, but I want it to be stylish too! At the moment, this chair from Matt Blatt is my top pick.  
6. My wardrobe needs a couple of chest of drawers, so I'll be investing in a couple of these IKEA chests. 
7. I love this desk from IKEA. It has a section for me to hide away any little bits and pieces, and leaves plenty above to put up some shelves. 
8. These IKEA boxes are perfect for storing papers, knick knacks, dvds and anything else laying around.  


1 comment:

  1. I've got number 7. Actually I have 3 number 7! They are great for small spaces, that's why I could fit three of them plus my desk in my small study. I wouldn't put a desktop computer on it. But they are great for laptop use. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design